About Me

They call me Bhavin.. Bhavin Shah alias Satra. They know me as Bugs.. They know me as the creator of Roy. A simpleton by heart. A bachelor as of now. And a person who appreciates honesty and bets by it. I kill my enemies by making them my friends. My motto remains that everyone (including my enemies) should remain happy. Ultimately, I just hope that Bhagwan sabka bhala kare. Life's has taught me some interesting lessons. I hate violence. I listen to everyone's advice but I do only what my heart feels right. The poems that I have posted can also be seen on my other website http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/author.html?id=798 and http://www.blogsbybugs.wordpress.com Just a request: These are my original works, so please do not take away my credit by impressing your friends by my poems.

Friday, August 21, 2009

'Commitment'

I hate this life... I feel so bogged down by the pressure over me from all the directions. Hey? What am I writing about? Ain't I suppose to write about 'commitment'? Me and my big mouth... always slips. Hahaha.

Ok... What is the first thing that comes in our minds, after reading the word 'commitment'? Maybe something related to love, marriage, life etc. Lekin... Kintu... Parantu... (synonyms of 'but'), 'Commitment' just got broader.

Definition of commitment: (Check dictionary if you want to know its meaning.)

The more I research about 'commitment', the more I get trapped in this web of 'commitment'. When I talk about 'commitment', I feel bowing down under the pressure. Wise men say, "Commitment is directly proportional to Results." It means that the more we work hard to commit, the better the results. When we study for exams, it's not about how many hours we study. It's about how committed are we towards studies, to achieve desired results. When we do our jobs to earn money, it's not about how many hours do we slog like asses to earn money. It's about how committed and focussed are we towards our jobs. When we talk about commitment towards relationships, it's not about how many years did we stay together. It's about how hard have we genuinely worked to keep the relationships alive. And this hardwork is nothing but 'commitment'.

Millions of examples exist in the world, where relationships get broken like a twig from a haystack. At the end of every turn we take while walking down the road, we come across people losing their jobs, students not achieving desired results. And all that people blame is 'luck' or 'destiny'. Give a break, guys! Let's get realistic. The bottomline is, if we haven't achieved what we want, it's because we never really committed towards our goals.

I hope this little blogpost helps us to identify our goals and the 'commitment' required towards it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Its not always dat u get things if ur committed towards it..!! Luck and destiny does play a role..Sometimes to achieve certain things u also need d people around u or d society around u to let u do it..!! but DATS wer d problem lies..we are surrounded by too many people and stringed to too many people to jus blindly go for wat u really really want..no matter how commited u are..!! U have to give up at times..jus for d sake of others...!!

Bhavin said...

@ Disha...

I respect your feedback and I was ready to face the criticism. I hope that someday if you get to read this reply of mine (because I couldn't find your id to reply you personally), I would like to say that we just need an excuse for not getting things. And the most common excuse we give is the LUCK factor. Try it out just once, if you get what you desire.. It's because of your sheer commitment. And if you don't get what you desire, it's just that you deserve something more better than what you desired of.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it! Thanx a ton.

Regards,
Bhavin

Unknown said...

Yeah..dats wat im sayin..Its not always bout Luck..but in d end wen u say dat u deserve somethin better..dats lik convincin urself for not gettin wat u desired..n thus d words like Luck n Destiny come in..all are ways of convincin urself jus cuz u couldnt get wat u really wanted..so in dat case..commitment is not given much of importance..!!
n u dun have to thank so much yaa..found it intersting so put my thougts across as well..

Bhavin said...

I don't know why, but I still feel that when there is a lack of commitment, the Luck or the Destiny factor plays the role. But it's ok. I respect your opinions.

Regards,
Bhavin

Unknown said...

hehe...see i agree to ur point too..im not sayin that commitment is no so imp..infact personally i believe dat if u really want somethin..u can achieve it anyhow..but somehow ive seen dat d destiny has an upper hand as every1 might not agree to let u have wat u are really commited for..so sometimes even if ur commited u have to unlikely accept it that u cant get it..!!
n if not luck n destiny then as u said..u have to convince urself that "may be" u deserve somethin better...!! wat say...!!