About Me

They call me Bhavin.. Bhavin Shah alias Satra. They know me as Bugs.. They know me as the creator of Roy. A simpleton by heart. A bachelor as of now. And a person who appreciates honesty and bets by it. I kill my enemies by making them my friends. My motto remains that everyone (including my enemies) should remain happy. Ultimately, I just hope that Bhagwan sabka bhala kare. Life's has taught me some interesting lessons. I hate violence. I listen to everyone's advice but I do only what my heart feels right. The poems that I have posted can also be seen on my other website http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/author.html?id=798 and http://www.blogsbybugs.wordpress.com Just a request: These are my original works, so please do not take away my credit by impressing your friends by my poems.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Koffee, Konversations, Karma and Konfessions


No matter how hard you suppress your feelings and emotions, someday.. somehow they shall erupt. No matter how often you fool the world or yourself, someday.. somehow they shall catch up with you in the form of KARMA.

-A not so random saying by a random person

(A heartfelt note: If you are reading this post or if you have been asked to read this post, it's probably because you matter a lot to the person who asked you to do so and he/she might want to 'confess' that you are still one of those beautiful colours who has painted his/her happy life through the times that you have spent and the memories that you have created.)

Midnight... Three past something in the background clock... Fighting with the invisible demons to get some sleep. The demons then taking the form of memories.. Funny memories actually.. They make you laugh when you remember some odd tearful memories and they make you cry when you remember some odd funny memories.. All of a sudden an urge to make a coffee for self pops up.. An urge to switch on your gadget and get into conversation with a random friend online.. An urge to confess and spurt out odd things, hardly mattering, that have been suppressed for a long time.. Looks like the law of Karma has finally caught up..

Hello.. Welcome to "the Achilles tendon of life" that deals with Koffee, Konversations, Karma and Konfessions.

Let's be honest. The title of this post sounds weird. I mean it 'looks' weird. But I have an explanation for it. Well, doesn't my profile describe that Blogs by Bugs is all about writing, straight from the heart? Well, if this is the thing that is going on inside my mind and heart then how can it sound weird, eh?

Ever since we are born, there is one particular lesson that we have been taught. The lesson is a simple one-lined statement: The world is round or What goes around, comes around.

Isn't this the same lesson that we have learnt in our play-schools, nurseries, schools, colleges, offices through the activities of our daily lives?

It was one of those odd midnights when I was fighting to get some sleep, out of blue I felt like pampering myself with a cup of coffee and then sitting idly, gaping at the continuous blinking of my screen with some random tweets on twitter, liking some funny updates of my friends on facebook and watching friends playing 'hide-and-seek' (read: online-offline) on my instant messenger. It made me realise how technology has become an indispensable part of our current lives.

Facebook inquires "What's on your mind?"
Twitter inquires "What's happening?"
(Did I miss mentioning Orkut? Probably that's because it isn't as addictive as earlier.)

And all we do is form the answers of these inquiries in 420 characters for Facebook and 140 letters for Twitter. It is so strange that we have become compulsive, dependant, habitual slave (read: user) of the social networking sites. They have made sure that we don't feel it important to catch up with friends over a cup of coffee by constantly helping us update ourselves just by clicking a 'share' button. They have made sure that we don't feel it important to have face-to-face conversations with our friend by providing the chat applications. They have made sure that we don't find it important anymore to confess about those small, petty things that could make friends laugh when they feel sad and get into serious mode when things aren't taken seriously.

... And finally the law of Karma catches up taking up the form of 'loneliness'. :)

I wonder how many of us can recollect the days of past when...

1. Coffee was an excuse for everytime we wanted to multiply smallest reasons of our happiness with others and share the sorrows of our near and dear ones.
2. We just needed excuses to meet up with friends just to have conversations and have updates about daily lives of each other.
3. We used to confess the funniest things like having crush on our best friends' lovers, gossiping about our best friends' awkward moments, things that we dislike to the person whom we love.

If, TODAY, we are feeling lonely and having nobody to talk to then probably, this is the law of Karma... What goes around.. Comes around.

It is time we think of the times we have meted out bad treatment to the people who treated us good. It is time we think of the times we hoodwinked people when they needed us the most. It is time we think about the blanket of lies we draped on the people who loved us genuinely and without any kind of selfish reasons. It is time we think about the people whose wonderful conversations were enough to charge us up, when we needed them the most but we ignored them at the times of their sorrows. It is time we think to stop fooling with ourselves by toying around with the emotions and feelings who care for us.

If you, as a reader, think that the words written in this post make any sense or bear any authenticity then it is time to get back in touch with those cronies where "coffee" is just an excuse to catch up and have "conversations" about the happenings in each others' lives or serving them with "confessions" where we went wrong.. It's time you churn out your own ideas to put an emphasis on "coffee, conversations and confessions" and let "Karma" do rest of the job.

As for me... I have already had a good dose of Koffee, Konversations, Karma and Konfessions. :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Bhavin,
this is the first time i read your blog, you have a superb skill of writing your thoughts and utilisng right words at right places...
I only deny your statement of loneliness .. If u believe in Karmas and Jainism a true Jain can never be depressed or lonely in life, and happiness can never be found outside..its only inside u get true, forever and sublime happiness .. u r wrong if u r still searching it outside. And for Koffee and Konversations we r always there and Konfessions is to be made only to person WHO LOVES YOU not even to person whom u love.
There is a great difference in it and i hope u will learn it soon.
God bless you and Love you Muuuaah

Jinali Shah said...

Mr.. Writer...!!! the 4k's r literally portrayed in a very different n a unique way...!!! Coffee leads to conversation, in turn conversation leads to confession n if that confession is right from the bottom of our heart then only our karma can bring that time of coffee bk.....

pratik said...

Wowww your posts somehow charm me into reading them over again!..This is indeed so true..
Love others and love is what you get..So much to learn here, so much truth to it..If only al of us stuck to it al d time, d world wud be a much happier place...
Luv dis post!..Infact Every post I read in this blog just proves your point that all of it is indeed written straight from the heart..
Lukin 4wrd 2 more!! :)

Bhavin said...

Dear Shailesh Sir,

Thank you so much for commenting on my post. You have been one of those guiding lights who helped me pursue writing very seriously.

Come back to your comment, I don't deny what you have said but I wrote it in context of other than religion. My point is that we have stopped meeting friends face-to-face just because we chat with them almost everyday through the medium of internet and that's what leads us to spend lonely times.

Hey Jinal,

Thanks a ton for your feedback.. It has always been the case since so many years that my works look incomplete without your feedback. :)