About Me

They call me Bhavin.. Bhavin Shah alias Satra. They know me as Bugs.. They know me as the creator of Roy. A simpleton by heart. A bachelor as of now. And a person who appreciates honesty and bets by it. I kill my enemies by making them my friends. My motto remains that everyone (including my enemies) should remain happy. Ultimately, I just hope that Bhagwan sabka bhala kare. Life's has taught me some interesting lessons. I hate violence. I listen to everyone's advice but I do only what my heart feels right. The poems that I have posted can also be seen on my other website http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/author.html?id=798 and http://www.blogsbybugs.wordpress.com Just a request: These are my original works, so please do not take away my credit by impressing your friends by my poems.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Taboo (The curse of being a girl)

(This poem has been written from the viewpoint of a girl. In this era, where people are opting for male heirs, the girl foetuses are being destroyed. This heartwrenching poem speaks the agonies of being a girl. I hope this poem can inspire people to change their attitude towards a girl child.)

A couple of decades ago
You entered the labour room
With nervousness and excitement
You felt a flower was ready to bloom.

You secretly wished and prayed
"I hope it's a baby boy."
You thought it would unlock
The doors of unseen joy.

To your horror, you became numb
When you found I was born
As I had shattered all your dreams
And all your hopes were torn.

You looked sad as I took birth
And you wished I was no more
You silently shed bitter tears
As I locked your happiness door.

You brought me up as an unwanted duty
You looked sad and bemused
I craved for your love and care
But all I got was abuse.

I pleaded to God to answer me
The reason for your bad behaviour
I bore the brunt of step-motherly treatment
With no friend, guide or saviour.

Now I realise my mistake
The crime of being a girl
I feel guilty for being a taboo
That made your happiness null.

No comments: